One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. Cervical cancer and pre-cancerous changes in the cervix are also common problems. Regular mammograms and Pap Smears are therefore very important screening tests to consider.
Doctors at the Wamuran Doctors all have an interest in Women’s Health. Women’s Health is a broad ranging area.
Other areas of Women’s Health where care is provided at Wamuran Doctors include:
- Antenatal care
- Breast Health e.g. mastalgia, mastitis or nipple discharge
- Discussion re indications for the new HPV vaccine
- Genital Health; candida infections, bacterial vaginosis
- Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Menstrual problems e.g. heavy or painful periods, endometriosis, premenstrual syndrome
- Ovarian problems e.g. polycystic ovarian syndrome, ovarian cysts
- Postnatal care
- Reproductive health issues e.g. infertility; pelvic inflammatory disease
- Sexually transmitted diseases e.g. Chlamydia, Herpes, HPV, trichinosis
- Treatment of menopausal symptoms
- Urinary Incontinence
- Uterine problems e.g. uterine fibroids
If you are a women, sexually active, have questions, seek advice or information, then make an appointment to see your doctor at Wamuran Doctors.